ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

no sound and slow motion after rendered with AE CS4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beata Jambor
no sound and slow motion after rendered with AE CS4
on Jul 4, 2011 at 3:25:28 pm

Hi Everyone.

I am new to After effects and I have a problem with the sound in cs4.

I import my video file which contains sounds but somehow when I add it to the composition the sound disappears. It doesnt play with the preview nor when I render the edited movie.

Also after rendering the movie seems to be playing in slow motion.

Could anybody help me please?

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: no sound and slow motion after rendered with AE CS4
on Jul 4, 2011 at 3:53:03 pm

[Beata Jambor] " when I add it to the composition the sound disappears"

do you see a checkmark for the audio for the footage layer in the timeline? if not enable audio for the layer (add the checkmark).

if you can't enable the audio, select the footage file in the project panel, at the top of that panel it should show a thumbnail with audio levels bellow it and it should list the audio track's properties (stereo/mono, bit rate, etc.) to the right of the thumbnail.

if you don't see any of that, then ae isn't seeing the audio... double check the original file in vlc or other player to verify it is there, then reply back with the file format and codec of the file and we'll troubleshoot that.

[Beata Jambor] "It doesnt play with the preview nor when I render the edited movie."

when you preview are you hitting space-bar (standard preview) or zero on the numbers pad (ram preview). you should use ram previews in after effects. among the benefits of ram previews is it will playback with audio.

also, in composition>preview make sure that audio has a checkmark next to it.

as for rendering, if you are choosing composition>add to render queue, you'll probably need to click the output module and then enable audio for the render (at the bottom of the output module settings). set the audio output as the same as the original audio properties.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Beata Jambor
on Jul 6, 2011 at 12:05:59 pm

Hi, thank you for the reply.

The audio in the timeline is checked in and when I import the file in the project panel it sees the audio (it shows all the info about the sound up on the left hand-side next to the thumbnail) as soon as I drop it in the timeline the sound disappears. The info about the sound isnt there anymore in the composition. I have tried with loads of different videos with different extention (.wmv, quick time movie, avi)

I also have a red message on the right in the info panel saying: fps:05.6/29.97(NOT realtime) I assume that is why it is in slow motion

Please help!

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jul 6, 2011 at 1:39:10 pm

[Beata Jambor] "I also have a red message on the right in the info panel saying: fps:05.6/29.97(NOT realtime) I assume that is why it is in slow motion"

it's also why you don't hear any audio... are you hitting space bar to create the preview or zero on the numbers pad (to create a ram preview)?

to hear audio, you'll need to do a ram preview (hit zero).

normally that should play back at the full frame rate, but sometimes there is something that prevents the ram preview from playing back properly. often it is a video capture (input/output) card like aja, matrox or blackmagic card.

do you have a video capture card?

also, if you hit the period (or decimal point) on the numbers pad, do you hear the audio? that should normally play just an audio preview (without video).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]