ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How do I lengthen an After Effects Plugin?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike PickHow do I lengthen an After Effects Plugin?
by on Jun 25, 2011 at 10:55:04 pm

Hello everyone, I'm sure this is a noob question, but could someone please tell me how to lengthen an After Effects Background plugin? I'm using the "Fog Lights" effect under Animation Presets>Backgrounds. Currently the clip only runs for a few seconds before coming to a halt. Ideally, I would like this animation to run for a few minutes in the background of my slideshow.

Also, does someone know where I could download a basic picture slide show plugin/project file for After Effects? Thanks, Mike

Return to posts index

Angie TaylorRe: How do I lengthen an After Effects Plugin?
by on Jun 26, 2011 at 8:47:35 am

Hi there,

Select the layer that the Animation preset is applied to. With it selected, go to Animation > Reveal Animating Properties (or hit the U key). This will reveal the keyframes that control the animation. If there are only two keyframes, simply drag the second one where you want it to be, then to adjust the speed, double click the keyframe and type in your chosen value.

If you have more than two keyframes, select them all and then hold down the Alt key when you click and drag either the first or last keyframe in the group to retime the animation, keeping the relative timing intact.

Hope this helps! :-)

Angie Taylor animation & illustration for television, film, web and devices
Twitter: theangietaylor
Linkedin: theangietaylor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved