ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

preview always starts over, does not save cache

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kyle christman
preview always starts over, does not save cache
on Jun 24, 2011 at 9:03:02 pm

Hi guys, I'm not quite sure why, but my after effects cs4 will preview fine, however it will always start the preview process all over again every time I click the preview button. It will not save any of the rendered info, even if i do not move or alter layers. It will only save the rendered information if i do not click anywhere else and just continue previewing.

I hope someone out there knows why, I never had this problem in cs3

thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: preview always starts over, does not save cache
on Jun 27, 2011 at 1:20:14 pm

What version of CS4 do you have? Have you updated it recently? Adobe released an update to CS4 after CS5 came out. (I thought it was rather nice of them to do that.) It might fix your issue.

In case that doesn't help, we're going to need more info such as computer specs, OS, etc.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

kyle christman
on Jun 27, 2011 at 7:42:51 pm

Thanks for the reply,

Yes I had updated my AE CS4 a while back to version 9.0.3.8 (which I couldn't find a more recent update)

My computer specs: I am running an Imac 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, w/ 12gb 1067 mhz DDR3 ram

OS X 10.6.6

thnx

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 28, 2011 at 3:03:13 pm

What about when you press 0 on your number pad? Does it start a RAM preview green line the way it's supposed to? Does that stay?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

kyle christman
on Jun 30, 2011 at 7:18:44 pm

Unfortunately there is no difference between 0 and the preview button. I am noticing it is only doing it periodically, sometimes just sometimes it will keep the rendered info, but majority of the times it will start all over, even though there is no change. It is quite depressing, for usually I am dealing with HD footage and hate to start over every time.

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Jul 6, 2012 at 12:43:54 am

I have a similar issue on CS6, I hit 0 to create a RAM preview (with multiprocessing enabled) and if I switch to a different program in the meantime, the preview does not hold. When I get back to AE I need to re render, the only way to keep the preview is either to stay in AE while creating the preview or disabling multi processing.

I reported it to Adobe, waiting on a solution from them, but if anyone knows something helpful please share.

Thanks.
D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]