ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Resizing comp resolution Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick WatsonResizing comp resolution Problem
by on Jun 22, 2011 at 8:52:05 am

I am new to Creative Cow and only joined up today, for this very problem i have been pulling my hair over:

So here's my problem,

I made a video in After Effects CS4 in 1080p (1920x1080), I have now finished that video and it turns out I need it in 720p (1280x720) instead of 1080p.
When i re-size my comp to 720p, the comp changes but none of the content does. Because of this my footage is cut off around the edges and the same with titles etc. Is there anyway to downsize your comp and downsize all the layers and content with it to keep it relative? I cannot find a way to do this and scaling down all my layers and footage is too much work and I would like to stay clear pf that at all costs.

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Resizing comp resolution Problem
by on Jun 22, 2011 at 1:47:49 pm

Drag your finished 1080P comp to the "make new comp button" at the bottom of the project panel. Open your new comp, and hit "cntl + K" and change the settings to a 720P comp.

Now you should have one layer in your new comp that is cut off, scale that layer to fit your new composition and you should be good to go.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Resizing comp resolution Problem
by on Jun 22, 2011 at 2:28:30 pm

Or, if you want to keep all of your elements 'live', duplicate your comp and use the Scale Composition script. File > Scripts > Scale Composition.

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved