ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text Default Anchor Point

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Planta John RobertText Default Anchor Point
by on Jun 20, 2011 at 6:00:20 pm

Recently, everytime I create a new Text in AE the Anchor Point (0,0) defaults at the bottom of the text when it used to do it at the center. I totally forgot which menu I changed this in before. Appreciate the help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Text Default Anchor Point
by on Jun 20, 2011 at 6:04:29 pm

You would find that in the Paragraph panel, used to set right-left-center justification for the text layer, among other things.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Planta John RobertRe: Text Default Anchor Point
by on Jun 20, 2011 at 6:09:37 pm

Thanks Dave. However, I was looking for the option to set the Vertical Alignment of the text relative to it's anchor point and I could only find Horizontal Alignments in the Paragraph Panel (Left, Right, Center). I'm on CS4.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 20, 2011 at 6:10:51 pm

Thanks Dave. However, the paragraph panel only shows options for Horizontal Alignments and not the Vertical Alignments for the Text.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 20, 2011 at 8:06:16 pm

If I want a text layer centered both vertically and horizontally, I adjust the layer's anchor point. Highlight the layer, hit the a (for Anchor) key, then scrub the vertical value. I just eyeball it. Works fine for me.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Jun 20, 2011 at 8:20:23 pm

Thanks Dave. I was able to find my fix. It was to set the Baseline in the Character Panel. With this, everytime I create a text of the same size, the anchor point is automatically at the center.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 20, 2011 at 8:29:48 pm

I've never tried that. A lot of the time, I mix typefaces (same type family) and type sizes in the same layer, plus I often tweak scales and baseline shifts.
I always figured asking AE to vertically center a mish-mosh like that would be too much.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Neil DempsterRe: Text Default Anchor Point
by on Oct 14, 2011 at 1:47:05 pm

Hello! When you communicated your fix for this problem, you didn't mention what setting you used to "set" the baseline to ensure that the anchor point is vertically centered. I assumed '0' would be the correct setting but my text layer is doing what you originally described (anchor point defaults to bottom) and my Baseline is (and already was) set at '0'. Could you please elaborate? I have tried everything I can think of to get the default back to what Adobe says is normal (center, center) but to no avail.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]