ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects photo animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hunter O'SheaAfter Effects photo animation
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 10:21:50 pm

Hello. I am not sure of the proper format option to export to from photoshop(ex. text with picture) in order to animate it in adobe after effects for a scrolling end credits text. I have heard "Tiff" but i need to be positive. Any help would be great.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects photo animation
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 10:33:35 pm

For something that simple, why not just do everything in After Effects?

The exception to that would be if you have specific text layout requirements, like the names of people right justified to the center of the screen, and their positions left justified to the center of the screen.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects photo animation
by on Jun 8, 2011 at 1:48:32 am

If you do create material in Photoshop, just import the PSD file into After Effects.

BTW, I've noticed a lot of questions from you recently, and I think that it would be a very good idea for you to take a step back and begin at the beginning. If you work your way through the basic learning materials, there will be much less frustration.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Luis O MaymiRe: After Effects photo animation
by on Jun 16, 2011 at 9:42:03 am

If you are using text with pictures, you can export them in .JPEG, but if you want your text or picture to be transparent (alpha channel), then you can export it in .PNG.

The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved