ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

photoshop layer over video export in after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hunter O'Sheaphotoshop layer over video export in after effects
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 10:25:46 pm

Hello. I am trying to export a video file from after effects with a basic text title made in photoshop over it. I was wondering if someone would tell the proper export settings. I am planning on burning to dvd. It is standard definition footage.
thanks
-hunter

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: photoshop layer over video export in after effects
by on Jun 8, 2011 at 1:31:56 am

If you're going out to DVD video, choose MPEG-2 DVD as the format in the output module settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Robin LewisRe: photoshop layer over video export in after effects
by on Jun 9, 2011 at 1:32:18 pm

Sorry could you provide a little more information.

Are you struggling to get the photoshop text to have a clear background in After Effects or are you wanting to export from after effects with a transparent background?

Thanks,
Robin

Return to posts index

Hunter O'SheaRe: photoshop layer over video export in after effects
by on Jun 10, 2011 at 4:12:48 am

I am just wondering what the best possible settings are to export a video clip with a photoshop layer over it animated in after effects would be. I will then be edited the exported footage in final cut pro then burning it to dvd in dvd studio pro. The video clip is a standard definition mini dv clip.

thank you for your help. it is appreciated

-hunter

Return to posts index

Robin LewisRe: photoshop layer over video export in after effects
by on Jun 10, 2011 at 9:17:23 am

When I am asked to provide content to be edited in FCP it is pretty much always specified to be Pro Res 422 at 100% quality.

That should give you the quality you need. But I should point out that I am not experienced enough myself with FCP to know if there is a better format for importing. Perhaps someone else could give a little more insight.

Hope that helps,

Robin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]