ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Really Really Need Some Assistance With Shatter/Masks/Reflections

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shaun devriesReally Really Need Some Assistance With Shatter/Masks/Reflections
by on Jun 4, 2011 at 10:45:29 pm

Hello everyone I have become quite stumped on how to create the effect im looking for.

What I want to do is have a video acting as a reflection in lets just say a mirror and have the mirror break to reveal something behind it. Now the tricky part is I do not want to just add a shatter effect to my video and make it break. What I want it to look like is a reflection and when the mirror breaks the video actually doesn't move at all and you can only see the reflection in the broken pieces as they fall.

So far I have only been able to create the shatter effect directly to my video and my video falls to the ground which clearly doesn't look like a reflection in falling pieces of mirror/glass.

I saw this type of effect in a video so ill post the link to that to hopefully give you a better understanding to what I want. I realize that they probably didn't make this in any effect and they actually shot it live on the spot with a video camera but I want to re-create this.

Thanks,
Shaun

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Really Really Need Some Assistance With Shatter/Masks/Reflections
by on Jun 5, 2011 at 5:00:45 am

When you cross-post the same question on multiple forums, please do everyone the courtesy of cross-posting the answer, too---if only so that no one wastes time answering your question in one place when you've already gotten the answer somewhere else.

It appears that you've already gotten an answer here:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/860815

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

shaun devriesRe: Really Really Need Some Assistance With Shatter/Masks/Reflections
by on Jun 6, 2011 at 6:56:37 pm

The link I posted got messed up the part that has the effect I want to duplicate starts at 45 seconds in.

Thanks,
Shaun

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]