ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Why does a bezier curve sometimes paste as a mask, other times as keyframes?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james bachaloWhy does a bezier curve sometimes paste as a mask, other times as keyframes?
by on Jun 3, 2011 at 11:29:25 am

Hi
Beginners question. Trying to apply a bezier path on the clipboard to the XY coordinates of a TrapcodeParticular Effect on a Solid.

I select the 'Position XY' under 'Emitter', then paste my bezier curve. Sometimes I can get it to paste correctly as keyframes, but mostly I just end up creating a new mask.
Puzzled...

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Why does a bezier curve sometimes paste as a mask, other times as keyframes?
by on Jun 3, 2011 at 3:41:04 pm

If the layer is selected, pasting will produce a mask. If the position property is selected (in most cases) you will past a motion path.

Select the XY coordinates in Particular an paste.

Return to posts index

Eric HolzapfelRe: Why does a bezier curve sometimes paste as a mask, other times as keyframes?
by on Oct 11, 2011 at 2:14:11 am

Hello,

Do you mean "Select the XY coordinates in Particular an paste." or

Select the XY coordinates in Position and paste?

I am having a similar challenge with layer coordinates and comp coordinates.

I have created a mask path - which follows the coordinates I like (not sure if it is comp coordinates or
layer coordinates!) When I copy this path, and paste it into the position of my object, a ball, the
path (?) is offset from the place where I would like the path for the ball to be.

I want the ball to follow several linear paths, from point a, to b, to c, to d, etc. I want the ball to
stop at a point, wait, and then continue, following the next path to the next point.

I have masks on a layer that I want the ball to follow. I have been trying to copy the mask a path at a time. As soon as I paste the second path into the position layer of the ball, it blows all the previous
coordinates, and moves them all away from what I would like to be the origin.

I must be missing something, as I see this done all the time in Apple Motion, and even After Effects.

any ideas or tips on this??

eric as "eholz1"

Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]