ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

lots of still photos in after effects: is there a quick way to line them up?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raffaella isidori
lots of still photos in after effects: is there a quick way to line them up?
on May 25, 2011 at 7:06:03 pm

Hi guys
my first time here and pretty new to AE. I am working on two homework assignments and creating a motion design using many still photos. Is there a way that I can import or manage them to "line up" in the timeline every so many frames? (basically if I import them they all stay on top of each other in the same spot and I have to move them manually... all suggestions and feedback truly very very appreciated!
thanks
raffaella

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: lots of still photos in after effects: is there a quick way to line them up?
on May 25, 2011 at 7:24:07 pm

It's called the Sequence Layers keyframe assistant:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

If you want 1-second long stills, put the timeline cursor at 29 Frames. Select all the layers and use the option ] (right bracket) keyboard shortcut (mac) to trim the layers all at once. Then use Sequence Layers.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

raffaella isidori
Re: lots of still photos in after effects: is there a quick way to line them up?
on May 25, 2011 at 7:27:46 pm

Thanks a million Dave! that sounds perfect! night here in Italy at the moment and brain zonked... will get at it tomorrow morning... thanks again very very much :)
raffaella

Return to posts index

Jason Mettler
on May 25, 2011 at 7:48:18 pm

Check out this script:

http://twurl.nl/zf2oag

Download the project files. Inside the zip is a script. Install it in the Script folder in your adobe folder.

Return to posts index

raffaella isidori
on May 25, 2011 at 8:13:10 pm

Thanks Jason,
I think that scripting is going to open up a whole new universe for me... again, will look into it tomorrow but really really thanks a great welcome!
:)
raffaella

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on May 25, 2011 at 9:25:31 pm

Select layers, right click, sequence layers...will sequence based on their duration. Options to overlap included

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]