ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

MP4 exporting issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Kennedy
MP4 exporting issues
on May 25, 2011 at 3:46:57 pm

I am currently trying to export a video from AE as an MP4 sized 335 x305. My first attempt produced black bars. I have looked around forums and following the suggestions exported as an avi and attempted conversion in Adobe Media Encoder with no luck as it keeps wanting to resize the video.

I need to maintain the video size as its going in a specific spot on a webpage and I need an MP4 format so that it can run on Ipod and other tablets.

My second question is transparency. Is there a way to maintain background transparency in the MP4 export.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: MP4 exporting issues
on May 25, 2011 at 5:23:12 pm

[Chris Kennedy] "I need to maintain the video size as its going in a specific spot on a webpage and I need an MP4 format so that it can run on Ipod and other tablets."

Check out this thread on Adobe's AE forum; it may help even though it talks about frame rates:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/856247?tstart=0

[Chris Kennedy] "Is there a way to maintain background transparency in the MP4 export."

No. There is not. mp4 doesn't allow transparency.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Kennedy
Re: MP4 exporting issues
on May 25, 2011 at 6:02:45 pm

I have been to that forum as well and it does talk more about frame rates than aspect ratios.

I have been able to play with the size a little, but there still seems to be a recurring thin line on the side and/ or bottom of the video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]