ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

walking the green line

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gary Jarvis
walking the green line
on May 22, 2011 at 12:21:01 am

It seems my green line under the work area has the hiccups, while I am waiting for more ram, am I better off rendering each scene to a vid and blending the vids as I go through the animation or is there a better way?

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 12 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.7f10

I set 9 gigs for AE

tks Gary

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: walking the green line
on May 22, 2011 at 4:47:09 am

[gary Jarvis] "It seems my green line under the work area has the hiccups, while I am waiting for more ram, am I better off rendering each scene to a vid and blending the vids as I go through the animation or is there a better way?"

Not quite sure what you mean here. The green line represents frames that are cached in RAM which is only really useful for previewing purposes.

When you render ("Add To Render Queue", or "Make Movie")it doesn't matter how much green is above your timeline.

Maybe I'm not understanding what the trouble is though. If you want the green line to go farther you have a few options. I would recommend setting the RAM Preview to render at (Auto) resolution, then you can zoom to say 50% and set the comp's resolution to Half or (Auto). This should let you RAM preview much faster and cache many more frames. You can also set RAM preview to skip every 1 or 2 frames, doubling or tripling the amount of your timeline you can preview (but cutting your preview frame rate in half or third).

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

gary Jarvis
on May 22, 2011 at 10:55:49 am

Sorry for not being clearer Darby, it had been a long couple of days.

I am Creating my very first AE animation, the elements come out of PS, the animation and effects are created in AE. There is also a lot of audio (Music, bikes and others) that sometimes play at the same time. I am also learning after effects.

I have both my screen/res set at half, frame rate 29.97, run time so far is 1min 45sec.

My problem is in previewing, actually my problem is I do not know AE very well, my situation is in previewing as I am trying to preview and sync the many different facets and layers. What is happening is the ram indicating green line keeps breaking up and takes for ever to give me a complete run also, when I set the current time indicator to a specific location and hit preview it will start the green line from that location but, when I then hit ram preview it goes all the way back to the beginning of the animation (0 frames 0 secs).

Being that I see this as probably a 5 min animation with a bunch of different scenes I was thinking, I would probably be better off rendering to vid each scene and then, blending them together and adding sound at the very end. unless of course, there is a better way.

Also, a recommendation to a real simplistic beginners tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

Tks

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on May 22, 2011 at 7:08:47 pm

[gary Jarvis] "Also, a recommendation to a real simplistic beginners tutorial would be greatly appreciated."

Or documentation? :)

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

What you want to do is possible.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Mary Somerville
on May 3, 2014 at 3:53:54 pm

Finally! Someone understands what I am trying to explain happening in AE.

If I understood the adobe link you posted, the green line can be controlled in the timeline by the thick bar above it?

I am working with pre-composed layers to make it easier to create a kinetic type video for class. I pre-composed each phrase, just to manage all the layers. When working with each pre-comp layers, there is no audio playing, so how can I sync the type with the audio? I have watched so many videos that have not addressed this issue.

I'm starting to panic with the deadline for this project quickly approaching.

Is there something I am missing? This is my first time using type and audio with AE.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Mary

It starts today

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]