ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

nonlinear 3D presentation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noah Austnonlinear 3D presentation
by on May 19, 2011 at 9:15:42 pm

Maybe some of you can help me with this:

I'm not sure if this belongs in this category, but here goes:

I have an idea for a very ambitious presentation. I'm not sure if After Effects is the way to make it or not. The presentation would basically follow the prezi format (, but the presentation would need to be different in two ways:

First, it needs to be nonlinear, with multiple paths-- essentially an 'idea web,' or like one of those choose-your-own-adventure books.

Second, the presentation needs to be 3d, a little like the original Desperate Housewives opening sequence:

Does anybody know what software has these features? After Effects seems like the obvious choice for the 3D part, but I don't think it has nonlinear capabilities. Flash, on the other hand, would probably work for the nonlinear part, but I don't think it has 3d capabilities.

I don't know if this even belongs on this forum. Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: nonlinear 3D presentation
by on May 19, 2011 at 9:35:38 pm

By "nonlinear" I'm guessing you mean interactive. If so, then you're correct, AE doesn't have interactivity functionality.

Flash, on the other hand, does. And Flash can work with embedded movie clips.

You can generate those clips in AE, render them to a Flash format, then embed them in your Flash project.

As far as the Desperate Housewives opener, none of that looks to me like actual 3d. It looks like the "2.5d" that AE is very capable of.

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Jason MettlerRe: nonlinear 3D presentation
by on May 20, 2011 at 1:04:11 pm

Interactive like a DVD menu? I've made my elements in AE and Photoshop (i.e. buttons) and then put them all together in Encore. Here's a tut if that's what you're going for:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved