ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Flourish from CS4 Illustrator too short

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Allen
Flourish from CS4 Illustrator too short
on May 17, 2011 at 7:29:27 pm

Hi,

I'm new to AE and have been trying to get the flourish to work. I've created a flourish in Illustrator CS4 and have put all the parts on a different layer then imported them into AE CS5 using the Import As "Compostion Retain Layer sizes" and the "Illustrator/PDF/EPS Sequence" checkbox ticked.

The problem is when I drag my flourish layers to make a new compostion. I set the comp to 30 secs but all the layers are set to 0.2 secs. I can't find a way to make then extent to 30secs so they all dissappear as soon as the time goes past 0.3 secs. Too quick to see any flourish!

Any idea how I can make all the layers last for 30secs? I've tried dragging the end but it won't let me. Actually I've tried lots of things none of which work.

Thanks
Chris

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Flourish from CS4 Illustrator too short
on May 17, 2011 at 7:59:00 pm

[Chris Allen] "I've created a flourish in Illustrator CS4 and have put all the parts on a different layer then imported them into AE CS5 using the Import As "Compostion Retain Layer sizes" and the "Illustrator/PDF/EPS Sequence" checkbox ticked. "

Don't check that "Illustrator/PDF/EPS Sequence" box and import again.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Allen
Re: Flourish from CS4 Illustrator too short
on May 20, 2011 at 6:36:13 am

Thanks for the reply. I found that if I did that then AE placed the contents of the layers all over the place. In the end AE hung so I rebooted and all was OK after that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]