ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animator without an 'End' key

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Kwo
Animator without an 'End' key
on May 16, 2011 at 12:16:31 am

Hello,

I'm new to Adobe After Effects (AE) and I'm going through the tutorials. I've been trying to use the stop watch button but I don't know how to tell it that the animation is complete. I'm using a small Apple Keyboard and it doesn't have the numeric pad. I've tried fn+right arrow but it doesn't work (and many other combinations) Is there a menu option where I can tell AE that I'm done with the animation?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Animator without an 'End' key
on May 16, 2011 at 1:21:06 am

> I don't know how to tell it that the animation is complete

I don't understand this question at all.

You say that you're working your way through tutorials. Maybe it would help if you directed us at exactly the part of a specific tutorial that told you the thing that you're having trouble doing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Stephen Kwo
on May 16, 2011 at 1:52:28 am

I'm using one of the lynda.com tutorials.

The title is : After Effects Apprentice 06 : Type and Music.
The chapter is : Animating position
The time is : 1:26

I'm just trying to end the animation. The tutorial says to use the "End" on the numeric key pad, but my keyboard doesn't have a numeric key pad.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on May 16, 2011 at 1:56:26 am

you'll only want to use the stopwatch to enable or disable keyframes for a property, once they are enabled (when you clickthe stopwatch) ae adds a keyframe with the current value for that property. to add another key, position the cti where you want the change to occur, then change the property (in the case of position, you can just move the layer in the preview window) and the change will be recorded as a new keyframe.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Stephen Kwo
on May 16, 2011 at 2:05:38 am

Ok, I got to that part, but how do you 'save' (if save is the right word) the keyframes? From the tutorial the lady said to press the "end" on the numeric keypad. If I click on the stopwatch again, all the keyframes are erased.

Return to posts index

Stephen Kwo
on May 16, 2011 at 2:31:02 am

I misunderstood. I didn't know you're not suppose to unclick the stopwatch. You just leave it clicked.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]