ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

p.s layer size

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gary Jarvisp.s layer size
by on May 15, 2011 at 10:04:04 am

I am using p/s layers in an animation, I reduced the size of the layers in p/s and animated in A/E, some of them do not look so crisp. If I have the layers with same name in same original positions i.e. prior to reduction in p/s, can I redirect AE to use them in my animation?

Being a bit of a beginner can have it's drawbacks?? I am now keeping and using the larger files in p.s and reducing to size in AE

Return to posts index

Jason MettlerRe: p.s layer size
by on May 15, 2011 at 4:41:24 pm

If you have the layers the way you want in PS, you can open up the composition in AE as is. Import as 'cropped layers' I believe. If you have some vector layers, you may need to tick the 'continuous rasterize button' in the layer panel.

Return to posts index

Nicolai GrutRe: p.s layer size
by on May 16, 2011 at 3:54:25 pm

Best to keep them larger than you need. Perhaps even create your PSD file at 1600X 800 if your AE project is 800 X 400. That way you can always scale up your layers to double size if you want to.

In short, Yes, as long as the layer names are the same they will come as you adjusted them. One tip, for importing PSD's into AE, if you add layers, it will not recognize the new ones when you reload your AE project, one precautionary pre-emptive step is to add dummy empty layers Name them whatever you want) If you need to add an element later, just drop it into one of those layers and it will be imported. You could of course also simply load that single changed layer on it's own and drop it into your comp, but it's nice to save a few steps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved