ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Editing same composition for two different renders

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

lohit malviyaEditing same composition for two different renders
by on May 11, 2011 at 11:03:52 am

Hello
Thanks to all Experts for hearing my query

I have a after effects composition which has many precomps,and a last final render comp which includes all. I have a client who wants the same video using different texts.for saving time i tried to duplicate the final render comp and then tried to edit both.like for final render 1 i wrote " BUSINESS MARKETING" ,and when i go to the next copy of final render comp ,it has the same text which i edited in previous comp.i have tried everything but every time it makes instances in both the comp.and it look likes that they are the exactly same.
WHat i need is to -how to make duplicate of a particular comp without mutual connectivity in both ,so that i can edit each of them individually and set them to render queue.so at last i can get two different videos from one time editing.because after effects do not allow to open multiple application.
Please help
THanks for looking in my thread.i am sorry for my bad English.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Editing same composition for two different renders
by on May 11, 2011 at 12:46:28 pm

duplicating a comp with nested comps won't make duplicates of the nested comps too -- you just have two comps with the same nested comps. if you make a change to one of the nested comps, then that change will show up in both comps that use that nested comp.

there is a script called true comp duplicator that will make copies of all the nested comps and layers within a comp (i think you'll find it at aenhancers.com, or maybe aescripts.com, or google it).

another option is to create a new project and import the project with the comp that you want to duplicate. make changes to the nested comps as needed. then import the previous project again, this will import everything again but in the origianl saved state. now you'll have final comps with independent nested comps... make changes as needed.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Editing same composition for two different renders
by on May 11, 2011 at 2:16:43 pm

just thinking about this...

if it is just a single nested comp that you need to modify, then you could duplicate that comp, make changes to that duplicate.

then duplicate the final comp, select the nested comp to replace with the new version and hold alt while dragging the updated comp from the project panel to the final comp to replace the nested comp.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: Editing same composition for two different renders
by on May 11, 2011 at 2:50:53 pm

I do this a LOT since I often have to make several versions of the exact same videos with the logos or other text changed for several different sub-companies. Any of the methods Kevin described are indeed the way to go ... I'll just add that you will want to make sure you rename every pre-comp, comp and/or project file that you duplicate and/or change so that you don't end up with a tangled mess and inevitably change and/or save over things you didn't intend to.

Return to posts index

Justin LovellRe: Editing same composition for two different renders
by on Mar 30, 2013 at 2:12:24 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

lohit malviyaRe: Editing same composition for two different renders
by on May 13, 2011 at 11:28:18 am

Thankyou very much,i got a great solution "TRUE COMP DUPLICATOR"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]