ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Is this just masking in AE??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam HeayberdIs this just masking in AE??
by on May 5, 2011 at 11:29:24 am

Hi there

I wish to create the effects seen here:

where its the same image just broken into various pieces and those pieces individually resized / blurred etc.

I thought that initially it would be the footage in AE, duplicated say 4 times and masks applied to those 4 pieces of the same footage. However, when I wished to individually alter the footage within a mask, say resizing it to a larger size, the mask was resized but ultimately, Id like the mask to hold its other words, act like a drop zone in apple motion.

Anyway, the point of this is, can this be done in AE and if so, any ideas but would it be easier to do this in Apple motion?

Editor & Self Shooter in the UK

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Is this just masking in AE??
by on May 5, 2011 at 2:38:17 pm

You can do this by positioning solids, and using them as track mattes for scaled layers. But it's still easy to mask the layer, scale and position. If you have to reposition the shot a bit, use the Pan Behind tool.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jason MettlerRe: Is this just masking in AE??
by on May 6, 2011 at 6:14:15 pm

It seems that the shots were shot three or four times with the cam locked in place. Then, the footage was recombined in that abstract way. That gives the illusion of all being from one shot but it's just multiple takes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved