<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eduardo AlvesLoop
by on May 3, 2011 at 11:20:15 am

Good morning everyone,

Does someone can help, Am new to After Effects and got the following question:

I have two compositions on the timeline:

The first starts at 0 and goes up to 7 / 2
The second starts in March and runs through July 2

The question is how do I make a loop, Want it to loop back to reach 7 / 2 to 3 seconds or the second composition but it starts the process of 0 (zero)

Since you already appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Loop
by on May 3, 2011 at 5:21:54 pm

Are you asking about how to get something to loop in AE or how to get it to loop when you play it back in your final delivery format?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Eduardo AlvesRe: Loop
by on May 4, 2011 at 8:00:49 pm

Thank you for reply.

Man sorry, my english is more or less.

I have comp1 the timeline it start in 0(zero) seconds and finish in 7 seconds, i have comp2 that start in 3 seconds and finish in 7 seconds.

I want that comp1 pause or stop when the timeline is in 3 seconds
with the comp2 when the time reach 7 seconds,It enter in loop, while comp1 keep stoped

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Loop
by on May 4, 2011 at 9:33:01 pm

i think all you need to do is transition from the first comp to the second at some point between 3 and 7 seconds into the timeline, and then add a simple expression to the second comp to make it loop.

to make the second comp loop, enable time remapping (layer>time>time remapping) and then add an expression to the time remapping property (select property, then choose animation>add expression) and type or copy/paste this expression into the field:

since you are looping a comp (rather than footage) there is one other step. go to the last time remapping keyframe. move one frame before that key, and add another key (right-click on the time remapping property and choose add key, don't move or copy/paste a key). then delete the last key frame.

now, if you lengthen out your comp, you can drag the endpoint of the second comp for as long as you need, and it should loop continuously.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved