ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects mocha problem corner pin export problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Boris RozhkovskyAfter Effects mocha problem corner pin export problem
by on Jan 12, 2015 at 10:43:40 pm

Hello, i have read all posts about pasting corner pin data from mocha to after effecs, but nothing helps.
My situation:

AE Project:
Main Composition 1280x720;
layer1 1280x720 (scale = 66%, original size = 1920:1080)

Mocha Project:
video 1920:1080 - same source as "layer1" in AE project. Had tracked data.

I`am trying to track photo frame.

Also i have inserted layer that must replace screen. I tried to scale it in photoshop, and also tried to precomp it to sizes 1280x720 and 1920x1080, but anyway, after i`am pasting corner pin data it doesnt fits to the right place.
i tried to export data with every available way from mocha.
please help! :(

Return to posts index

James KumorekRe: After Effects mocha problem corner pin export problem
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 1:13:03 pm

This is going by memory, so it may or may not be accurate. But here are some things that might be causing the problems.

First, your Mocha project and your AE comp size should probably be the same resolution. Make your AE comp where you're doing the corner pin 1920x1080, and then use another comp to scale it down to 1280x720 later.

The item that your pinning into the picture frame also needs to be a 1920x1080 thing. If it's not, nest it within a 1920x1080 comp and stretch it to fill the comp frame.

Then, once you've pasted the Mocha track into the AE project, it's not uncommon for the pinned item to not line up. I believe Mocha animates the x & y position data; use the anchor point attribute to move the pinned item to the correct location, and at that point, it should all line up and track correctly.

Like I said, this is from memory, so take it with a grain of salt! Others may give you more accurate advice.

- Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved