ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul HoughMasking/Cloning!
by on Apr 29, 2011 at 4:23:51 am

I have a shot of a wall with grafitti on. People run past the wall and the camera moves. I took the clone tool and using a clean part of the wall cleaned up the entire wall. I hit freeze frame to give me a freeze frame of the entire wall cleaned up. What I had hoped to then do is to cut out part of the clean wall and motion track it back onto the footage.

Whenever I apply a mask to the shot the cloning element disappears. How do I cut out a piece of the wall with the cloning in tact, to ultimately be able to be used to motion track.

I don't know if this question makes sense, but have been stuck on it for about 5 days with no success. Any help would be truly helpful.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Masking/Cloning!
by on Apr 29, 2011 at 2:14:37 pm

Precompose! Precomping is always your friend.
Precomp your blank wall and then mask away to your heart's content on the precomp.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jason MettlerRe: Masking/Cloning!
by on May 1, 2011 at 11:20:40 pm

Always make sure to clone/paint on the earliest frame possible. The effect only takes place from the point the scrubber was on when you applied it forward.

Return to posts index

Paul HoughRe: Masking/Cloning!
by on May 2, 2011 at 12:31:05 am

Thanks Michael and Jason. Got it to work!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved