ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Export to several files by markers, not with work area

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lali Malmborg
Export to several files by markers, not with work area
on Apr 19, 2011 at 9:57:51 am

Hello

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe I does'nt search with the right words.

Well, I'm looking for a way to export several movies triggered by my Comp Markers.
For example marker one to two exports to one movie, and two to three a diffrent one in a kind of batch-sequense. Couse it's to time consuming to move the work area and click render a hundred times.

Thanks for your time!

/Lali, Sweden

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Export to several files by markers, not with work area
on Apr 20, 2011 at 2:19:12 am

[Lali Malmborg] "Couse it's to time consuming to move the work area and click render a hundred times."

Whaaa??? How big is this comp? What's its duration?

And did you know that if you change the default Render Settings (Edit>Templates>Render Settings) to Custom instead of the default Work Area, you can set the work area, add it to the Render Queue, then keep setting new work areas and adding the SAME comp to the Render Queue, AE will render each previously-set work area?

Betcha didn't.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lali Malmborg
on Apr 20, 2011 at 6:58:36 am

It's not about how long it is. The thing is that it will be used as a template for others to render from. So it is a DVD menu with a few menus and a few transitions. To be adapted to clients' personal preferences. Mostly change name and photos.

Anyway, I precomposed the main comp and then I did manually several "rendercomps" such as "intro" "transition to main scenes" main menu "and so on.

And it works. Now, my colleagues, who will use the template, get a little less to think about.

I was looking however for a faster workflow. Thought markers would do the trick, But maybe not ...

Return to posts index

Angie Taylor
on Apr 20, 2011 at 1:21:30 pm

Not sure if this Layer Markers script might help you;

This script has two functions. It can split selected layers at their layer markers, or add markers at the cut points of any layers in a comp. This can help with comp navigation and more. Watch the demo video for details on how to use the script.

http://aescripts.com/pt_layermarkers/

cheers,

Angie

Angie Taylor animation & illustration for television, film, web and devices

http://www.angietaylor.co.uk
Twitter: theangietaylor
Linkedin: theangietaylor
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Angie-Taylor/118378194869002

Return to posts index

Lali Malmborg
on Apr 20, 2011 at 1:46:46 pm

Hi

Well, I saw this script googling too, but I don't really wanna split upp my comp. I just like to mark a certain duration, call that #1, and mark another duration and call that one #2. Then render each of them into a separate file with a single click. It would make my work so much easier.

Am I the only one who misses this way of work?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 22, 2011 at 3:18:40 pm

I don't know if I'm getting the exact problem, but you can always trim a layer's in & out points so they show up at the desired points in the timeline.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lali Malmborg
on Apr 22, 2011 at 7:39:21 pm

Hi again.

My comp is a DVD-menu, as I stated before. It's the fly intro, the main menu, fly off to scene selection, scenes selection and the fly back to main menu. Everything in a linear form. Then the different selections shall be rendered out in separate MPEG's. It will be used for X different projects so it has to be easy to customize and easy to render.

The only way to do this that i figured out was to pre-comp everything and then make five comps; intro, main menu, fly to scenes, scenes, fly from scenes to main; and then drop the everything-comp into them. And line them up correctly in time.

What I was wondering about was if it was possible to mark selections in the master comp that could be automated in the rendering-process to split up in my five separate MPEG's.

Hope I cleared out what I was asking. (It's kinda hard explaining something in a language that is'nt my mother tongue! =) )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]