ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Make a video smaller

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven WestMake a video smaller
by on Apr 18, 2011 at 12:54:58 pm

Hey everyone, I'm new to Adobe After Effects and this forum so it seems, so I'm just going to get straight to the point. Basically I have this file Expand.aep and in it has a bunch of layers in Adobe After Effects and different tabs with names and all that, I was wondering if I could resize my video to a dimension of Width: 640px; Height: 360px;, I've tried to change the Composition Settings to the size that I wish to change to and it works, the preview video video changes to the dimension but the video stays giant, so the video is lets say width: 1000px and height: 780px; but the preview size and all that is Width: 640px; Height: 360px;.

So now you have the story the plan that I wish to follow is as follows, to be able to resize the entire video with all the elements and tabs to the size Width: 640px; Height: 360px;.

Hopefully I've explained in very basic detail what I'm looking for, this may be the easiest task in the world for you guys/girls but at the moment I'm in a sticky situation.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Make a video smaller
by on Apr 18, 2011 at 3:21:26 pm

This is easy: Make a comp in the horizontal & vertical resolution you need. Nest the big comp in the smaller comp. Scale the layer ( the nested comp) to fit the comp. You're done!

In AE, it's ALWAYS easier to make something that's big smaller, and it's ALWAYS harder to make something that's small bigger.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steven WestRe: Make a video smaller
by on Apr 18, 2011 at 3:41:42 pm

Your knowledge is of great help for me to proceed to accomplish this task, I am now trying your method and will get back to you with an complete evaluation on how it went.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved