ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects EXPORT pro res422 hq PROGRESSIVE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gerald ruppenAfter Effects EXPORT pro res422 hq PROGRESSIVE
by on Apr 14, 2011 at 4:24:47 pm

Hello Guys

Can me help somebody. I have a project in dvc pro hd 1080i25p. I let the footage always interpret as
DVCpro HD 1080 25p

How do I interpret this file type in After Effects???
If I chose Dvcpro HD 1080 25 then the pixel aspect ratio shows up

HDV1080/DVCPRO HD 720 (1.33)

My Question is Do I lose My original width 1440 and Height 1080 ??? and Converts all to an aspect Ratio based on 720 pixel???

And How does It function wenn I mark the checkbox (Lock Aspect Ratio to 4:3 (16:9))
by choosing the Pixel Aspect Ratio Box DVC PRO HD 1080 (1.5)

Does this work has anybody experience ??

Thanks and greetings

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects EXPORT pro res422 hq PROGRESSIVE
by on Apr 14, 2011 at 5:05:56 pm

Does the footage fit into the comp properly? When you drag the footage onto the Make Comp icon at the bottom of the Project window, what are the settings of the comp that AE creates?

DVCPro HD has a pixel aspect ratio of 1.33, whether it's shot at 1080 or 720.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

gerald ruppenRe: After Effects EXPORT pro res422 hq PROGRESSIVE
by on Apr 14, 2011 at 6:02:46 pm

Thank you for the answers

It does fit properly with HDV 1080 the bos shows the HDV /DVCpro 720 an it looks fine. By dragging the footage to make new comp I has exact these settings.

I thougth It has something to do with my interlaced / progressive problem in fcp. It always shows odd frame dominance . So I think ae exports interlaced.

The odd framerate dominance disappears when I use Prores 422 Lt. But When I use the same settings with Prores 422 hq it is an odd dominance.

But the Lt has a bigger compression I dont want that because I dont want to lose quality before I make the color grading.

I dont know why

Return to posts index

by on Apr 14, 2011 at 6:52:47 pm

You can interpret field order yourself, you know. Go File>Interpret>Main and set the field order to upper field first. Then, tell AE to Remember the interpretation, highlight the remaining clips and use Apply interpretation. You're all done.

I have to do this all the time at work, where we still run AE 8. If I drag a piece of DVCPro HD 720p 60 footage onto the Make Comp icon, the frame rate shows up as 29.97. I have to manually change the frame rate to 59.94.

Incidentally, even though Apple calls it Field DOMINANCE, it's wrong. What you're interested in is Field ORDER. Field Dominance is a real technical term, but it has to do with timing video signals to work properly in video switchers and other items of broadcast gear. It has nothing to do with selecting which field is recorded and played back first.

Oh, Yoo-Hoo, Apple! You've only made this fundamental mistake in terminology for about TWELVE STINKIN' YEARS! Do you think there is a chance that you'll get it right in the future?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Apr 14, 2011 at 7:43:31 pm

Thanks for your answers

After Effects interprets every thing correctly. The drag new composition works as well. The Problem is fcp
It interprets that wrong. I ll change the field dominance of none for my progressive project.

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 15, 2011 at 1:46:41 am

I agree. From what I have read, FCP has a nasty habit of thinking that all 1080 footaqe should be interlaced somehow. I've never even TRIED to shoot progressive 1080; I can shoot in 720, and I KNOW it's progressive.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Apr 16, 2011 at 10:55:49 pm

Such nasty things are always time consuming. I hate that. I lost about a day. I have one more Question can I interpret my raw material as 1080 i Its the same at the end?? On big screen and things like that??

Because mx matrox mxo2 hasnt a 1080 25p Codec only 24p....

Thanks and greetings

Return to posts index

by on Apr 18, 2011 at 2:52:52 pm

[gerald ruppen] "can I interpret my raw material as 1080 i Its the same at the end?"

Yes, you can. Upper field first for 1080. When you deliver the AE project, you can tell them you rendered it as Progressive Segmented Frame. It sounds impressive.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]