How would you do this: gradient color mix

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ege Soyuer
How would you do this: gradient color mix
on Apr 14, 2011 at 1:30:38 pm

Hello, first post. Long time reader.

http://richardthe.com/medialab/

The animation of the logo is simple enough, but the way that the colors mix is very interesting. Does anyone have any idea how this was achieved? It's no simple gradient or multiply or overlay effect, as far as I can tell.

It almost seems like they mapped the color "strength" to the proximity of the small black square using expressions, but I couldn't reproduce it.

Any help is much appreciated

-Ege Soyuer

egesoyuer.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How would you do this: gradient color mix
on Apr 14, 2011 at 2:47:47 pm

Sorry, I can't see the video. They won't upgrade my Flash here at work.

But as I look at the stills, I'm thinking to myself, "This is the MIT Media Lab! They're probably writing proprietary software to do this! How the heck do you replicate THAT in AE?"

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How would you do this: gradient color mix
on Apr 15, 2011 at 2:21:00 am

Okay, now I'm at home where the Flash works just fine, and my advice is this: you'll have to wait a bit.

There will soon be an AE 10.5, and in it is the ability to create light falloff. With a lot of precomposition, you could create the various shapes with colored lights playing off them, each with its own color.

It wouldn't be the easiest thing to replicate in AE. But hey, we're talking about the MIT Media Lab. I doubt they ever make things easy to replicate.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]