ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Illustrator layers transparent after crash

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felicia LovelettIllustrator layers transparent after crash
by on Apr 7, 2011 at 3:33:05 pm

Had just finished saving a new project when AE CS5 crashed during a normal quit last night.

When I opened up the comp this morning, all the (previously opaque) imported Illustrator layers had become transparent. Only the anchor point and layer bounds are visible but layer opacity is 100% and mode is normal.

Normal opacity returns if the AI file is re-imported into a new comp, but reloading the footage in the original comp does not solve the problem.

Hoping that some visibility setting has been accidentally changed, but fear that this comp has been damaged. Any idea what has happened?

AE crashes on my OSX 10.6.6 iMac have been rare and have usually occurred during quitting.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Illustrator layers transparent after crash
by on Apr 12, 2011 at 2:14:36 pm

Any screen shots available or any chance you could share a project file (with AI files)?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Felicia LovelettRe: Illustrator layers transparent after crash
by on Apr 13, 2011 at 5:42:58 am

Sending screen shots & (project if that would be better)

Problem has been documented as a possible bug with AE CS5 on the Adobe forum (but with a very complex 3-D project).

Turning on the continuously rasterize switch in CS5 solves the problem but I understand that there are drawbacks.

If I turn off the continuous rasterize switches and re-open the file all the layers go transparent.

They will reappear if one opens the layer panel and then clicks the visibility eye on and off.

I rebuilt my project in CS4 and the AI layers remained opaque. This hasn't happened to any of my other Illustrator based comps, so I am puzzled.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved