ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Damaged AEP?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve whiteDamaged AEP?
by on Apr 4, 2011 at 5:57:50 am

Hi All

I keep getting this message every time i try to render.

After Effects error:Rendering erroR while writing to file
"F:\Comp1.mp4".Unknown Error! (-1610153453)

Had been rendering this file all afternoon adding a bit more then rendering it again.Until i got this message that is.
I can load and render other files but not this one anymore.
I will load and play on the timeline OK.
Could i have damaged it in some way? and if so is there any way to fix it?

I have a quad core 3.0 extream with 8 gig of ram and loads of space on my HD.

thanks yours

Stephen White.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Damaged AEP?
by on Apr 4, 2011 at 5:07:05 pm

It could be a few problems, perhaps some in combination with one another.

• 8 gigs isn't a whole heck of a lot of memory any more. If you have multiprocessing turned on, turn it off.

• The same thing goes for using Open GL to accelerate rendering: tun it off. It's okay for previewing, but not even the folks at Adobe use Open GL to accelerate rendering.

If you have AE 10 (aka CS5), make sure it's fully updated. Go Help>Update.

• If you don't have AE 10, it could be the footage in your project. Read on:

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, AVCHD, mp4, mts, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

I'm a Mac guy, so I like to convert to Quicktime movies in the Animation or PNG codecs; both are lossless. I'll use Apple's Compressor, Adobe Media Encoder or Quicktime Pro to do it.

• Finally, it's not the best practice to make an MP4 in AE in the first place. Read on:

Dave's Stock Answer #3:

Don't use AE to compress files for final delivery. The various compressors are there only to make quick 'n dirty files showing a project's progress to producers, clients, the kids, etc. AE is incapable of doing multipass encoding, a crucial feature that greatly improves the image quality of H.264 and MPEG-type files in particular.

Render a high-quality file from AE, and use a different application to do the compression. Popular ones are Adobe Media Encoder, Sorenson Squeeze and Apple's Compressor, which comes bundled with Final Cut Suite. Even compressing in Quicktime Pro is better than compressing in AE.

Making good-looking compressed files is almost as much an art as it is a science. It is NOT straightforward at all. I recommend asking a few questions at the COW's Compression Techniques forum.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

steve whiteRe: Damaged AEP?
by on Apr 4, 2011 at 9:50:05 pm

Hi Dave

and thanks for your fast reply

Multiprocessing is turned off and so is open GL now.
sorry but i did not mention that i,m useing CS5 and i do have 1 footage
imported into AE its on video copilots Evolution DVD and its format is .MOV the rest are .PNG files.

I was quite happerly rendering all afternoon yesterday adding more and rendering again to see the result.The last thing i added was just more text.

When i render now as an AVI file it takes just one second to render and only renders a split second.I am no longer getting the ERROR Message.

Stephen White.

Return to posts index

steve whiteRe: Damaged AEP?
by on Apr 5, 2011 at 1:40:22 pm

Some how i have managed to slide the work area down to nothing.Hence the error message.
Feel a fool but also feel a bit wiser in AE.

thanks for your input Dave

Stephen White.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Damaged AEP?
by on Apr 5, 2011 at 2:57:58 pm

AE takes some getting used to, and that's a fact. Don't give up: the veil is lifted with effort.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Oliver GranlundRe: Damaged AEP?
by on Jul 5, 2011 at 10:54:22 am

The composition what im working on is 10 minutes and 30 seconds long 1080p 60fps footage

for some reason i always get the error (-1610153453)

I saw your post where you have quted Dave Stock's answer
The thing is that all the video clips in my video are mp4 files

so what should i do?
remake the whole thing or...?

Return to posts index

Santiago DutilRe: Damaged AEP?
by on Sep 22, 2012 at 9:32:41 am

Hi Dave,

First thanks due you help me many times.

To everyone that have the problem error (-1610153453)

In my case I solved the problem so simple:
By changing the destination folder, I was rendering in a folder with a non english character! in my spanish language we have the "Ñ" ('n' with a wave on top ) after effects mp4 codec NO Ñ or cyrillic, etc...

Hurry up render output to desktop... done! :)

Hope it would helps

Return to posts index

Diego AlvaradoRe: Damaged AEP?
by on Apr 7, 2014 at 5:52:42 am

THE SOLUTION IS rendering to a path that does not contain spaces nor special characters (like underscores or hyphens), FOR INSTANCE:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved