ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Beginners Colour Grading

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe StasBeginners Colour Grading
by on Apr 1, 2011 at 4:38:09 pm

Hi there
I am fairly well versed in video editing and effects now but I'm still new to colour grading. It's something I've never really had to deal with before but something I need to learn.

I use After Effects and have installed Looks and also have access to colorista. I've had a go at Looks, tweaking presets and experimenting but I'm still struggling to make my shots look how I envisage them. I find that the difference between the look of each shot is often too dramatic also.

Can anybody offer me some advice on a starting point to learn how to do this properly? Tutorials, advice, anything is helpful. I have a good camera and a good editing package but it all seems pointless unless I can learn how to grade well!

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Beginners Colour Grading
by on Apr 1, 2011 at 5:38:02 pm

You should look into Synthetic Aperture's Color Finesse. It comes with AE and is an excellent color correction and color grading tool. There are tutorials for it kicking around the various corners of the web which a quick Google search should turn up.
There are also some good coloring tutorials here on the COW.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: Beginners Colour Grading
by on Apr 1, 2011 at 10:18:55 pm

Go to redgiant's websites and follow their video tutorials for colorista.

Cory Petkovsek
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

Jason MettlerRe: Beginners Colour Grading
by on Apr 2, 2011 at 6:13:27 pm

Try out this tutorial:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved