ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

footage not visible in template

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anne Beerfootage not visible in template
by on Mar 29, 2011 at 3:57:36 pm

Hey everybody,

I hope that someone could help me. Google could not.

I normally work with motion. Now I bought a very nice template from motionvfx.com
http://www.motionvfx.com/store,after_effects_cs4_-_ae_project_0106,p837.htm...

The template works with several interlaced seqenzes. In the sub sequenzes are drop zones. I replace the dropzone with my footage and it is visible (active camera). When I switch back to the main sequenz it is not visible anymore.

Is there a simple solution? Thanks in advance
Anne

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: footage not visible in template
by on Mar 29, 2011 at 5:05:14 pm

[Anne Beer] " replace the dropzone with my footage and it is visible (active camera). When I switch back to the main sequence it is not visible anymore."

I couldn't tell a lot about the AE project from that link. But from your description, I'd bet you either didn't replace the footage properly in the nested comp (AE doesn't have a formal term called a "drop zone"), or you DID replace the footage properly, but the footage either starts or ends before you see it in the main comp.

And I don't fool with Motion, so I'm lost by Motion lingo.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Anne BeerRe: footage not visible in template
by on Mar 30, 2011 at 9:12:47 am

Hallo Dave, thank you for your answer. I tried it, but nothing changes. All the footage in the sub sequences has the same length as the "drop zone" image place holder.
I noticed one thing, I can only see my footage in the "active camera mode" in the sub sequence. in the "custom view mode" it is not visible too.

other templates I use work with the same workflow. I think there must be a general problem with the settings in that template. But I can't find.
any idea about this?

thank you for an answer.
Anne

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: footage not visible in template
by on Mar 31, 2011 at 5:28:20 pm

Okay, first things first, then: some extremely basic diagnostic questions.

How do you measure your experience working with After Effects? In years, months, weeks or days?

Are you trying to use After Effects intuitively, hoping your knowledge of Motion will see you through?

As you may be aware, Motion has its own terminology for things. After Effects has its own terminology, too. Right now, I'm speaking Russian to you, and you're speaking Swahili to me. That's not good. We have to get on the same page.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]