ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick LeighRender settings
by on Mar 21, 2011 at 4:59:12 pm

I have recorded a 40 minute video of a hockey game and have made a clock in score board in after effects as an overlay. Every thing works great but I am running into problems when I render. First of all I will be outputting these videos to the web with a max resolution of 1280 x 720.

Should I use those dimensions for my project in AE? I have captured my video using a camera that records in 1440 x 1080(1.33). And what codec should I be using when I render, I see alot of people use the H.264 for the web?

Any other tips you may have would be great, thanks for the help.

Nick

CS5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Render settings
by on Mar 21, 2011 at 5:15:33 pm

I think I'd just use the video & audio as a reference to make an alpha-channeled scoreboard animation for use in Premiere. From Premiere you can probably go to Adobe Media Encoder to make it any size you want.

Changing the scores shouldn't be a big problem, but I wish you good luck animating all those clock stops & starts; it'll probably get old really fast.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jeff GreenbergRe: Render settings
by on Mar 22, 2011 at 10:39:00 pm

[Nick Leigh] "Should I use those dimensions for my project in AE? I have captured my video using a camera that records in 1440 x 1080(1.33). And what codec should I be using when I render, I see alot of people use the H.264 for the web? "

40 minutes is a long comp. You could use the output dimensions - since AE is correctly interpreting your footage, it should be fine on in a 720 comp.

H.264 is great for the web - although this file will be huge (40 min of it). Probably a data rate of at least 4000kb/s - output uncompressed (or animation) and let Adobe Media Encoder do the dirty work. It's got great presets.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]