ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

retain render settings and move playhead to next in/out

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Job Wallis
retain render settings and move playhead to next in/out
on Mar 20, 2011 at 3:02:55 am

Hi. How do you retain the last render output settings. ie size compression, codec, file name, etc. everytime i add something to the render queue i have to edit all the same settings again details again.

Would also like to know in the comp window how to move the play head from one in out end of an element to another with a keystroke, rather than manual move and zoom to accurately move in out keys (is there a snap to used key position?)
sorry about my terminology.
thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: retain render settings and move playhead to next in/out
on Mar 20, 2011 at 3:32:24 pm

[Job Wallis] "Hi. How do you retain the last render output settings. ie size compression, codec, file name, etc. everytime i add something to the render queue i have to edit all the same settings again details again.
"

Well, the easiest is to do is set up something the way you like, then under the drop down (for any of the render items) choose "make template" and build a template of the exact methods you like under the "Render Settings Template window" and save the settings you like. Then go through each one and change the defaults for yourself.

Next time you go to render everything is defaulted exactly the way you want it.

[Job Wallis] "Would also like to know in the comp window how to move the play head from one in out end of an element to another with a keystroke"
Make any in/out selections on an element by alt I/ Alt O

Select a layer. Press I or O and you'll jump to it's in/out point.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: retain render settings and move playhead to next in/out
on Mar 20, 2011 at 3:49:40 pm

There's more information about output module templates here. There's more information about render settings templates here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]