ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mocha won't play .MOV footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Albert SuccarMocha won't play .MOV footage
by on Mar 15, 2011 at 12:27:08 pm

Whenever i try to import my after effects footage into mocha (.mov), all i get is a black screen in mocha and can't do anything. Can somebody please help me solve this problem? Preferably i dont want to convert the video and lose quality...any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Mocha won't play .MOV footage
by on Mar 15, 2011 at 4:35:21 pm

Considering the wealth of information you've given us for diagnostic purposes, here's my best guess given the facts at hand:

AE doesn't like you any more. What did you do to make it so angry?

Once we have information about your computer, processors, memory, capacity of disk drives, the OS and AE version you run, the footage you're using, and any ancillary cards in your machine, we can get a little closer to the root of the problem.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Albert SuccarRe: Mocha won't play .MOV footage
by on Mar 15, 2011 at 8:52:20 pm

You're right i should have given all my specs. I found out the problem. For some reason, Mocha won't read my .mov files. But once i converted it to "Animation" codec it worked. But now im facing a serious problem. I am simply trying to track the motion of a wall in the video so when i add bullet effects to the wall, it moves with the camera. I apsect ratio, video size, frame rate ect all match the AE footage and i set up the motion tracking and tracked it fine inside Mocha. Once I copied the frames into a Null object inside AE, the part where i wanted to track is way off center and any component i parent to this null object does not follow it...Also, instead of apply the keyframes to the Transform component of the null object, it creates a separate "effects" component with "corner pins"...every tutorial i have looked at had the keyframes applied to the transform....i have no clue what i am doing wrong and i cannot get this to work :\

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: Mocha won't play .MOV footage
by on Mar 22, 2011 at 10:00:12 pm

When you export from mocha it sounds like you are choosing the corner pin option and not the transform option.

Export transform, then paste to AE layer. Make sure to delete the anchor point keyframes.

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

Albert SuccarRe: Mocha won't play .MOV footage
by on Mar 22, 2011 at 10:12:38 pm

thank you. I am slowly learning the program day by day

Return to posts index

ernest smithRe: Mocha won't play .MOV footage
by on May 17, 2011 at 9:17:03 pm

try selecting all the key frames and then dragging it until its even with your footage

Return to posts index

Umar JindanRe: Mocha won't play .MOV footage
by on Sep 6, 2013 at 7:59:17 am

Hi, I am having the same problem... I wanted to change the codec settings but I do not know how to... Can you please tell me?

Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved