ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rendering problem in AE video hickups

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hrund AtladottirRendering problem in AE video hickups
by on Mar 13, 2011 at 7:33:39 pm

Hi everyone,

I´m trying to render out properly a video that looks great in ram preview but has these random stops after exporting. Looks much worse online, here

My workflow is exporting the first comp to a TIFF and then the whole thing as a animation or H.264 or converting the animation later into other formats, I have tried various versions.

The files coming out are enormous as well. 3.30 min Animation is around 40GB, is that normal?

So I was thinking maybe the files are somewhow to big to play properly?

I´m working on the newest imac quadcore but didn´t put in the extra ram yet. I have open GL turned off everywhere.

Any help would be amazing since I´m on deadline and panicking a little.

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: Rendering problem in AE video hickups
by on Mar 13, 2011 at 9:30:32 pm

What do you mean random stops? In the animation, or in the render or what?

QT Animation is a low compression codec. If the resolution is large, 3 minutes could easily be several gig or more.

A 40gb file for 3:30 minutes means 195mb/sec. Very few harddrives can read data that fast, so you won't be able to play that file smoothly.

If your delivery medium is web, output in h264. Use an intermediate codec and compress with a good h264 encoder if you have one, or use adobe's built in h264.

If the delivery medium is some other output, then you need to specify these details, or just talk with the recipient of your footage for the desired specifications.

Corporate Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved