ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Set a specific time span for images brought into timeline??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric LunninSet a specific time span for images brought into timeline??
by on Mar 11, 2011 at 2:41:59 am

Hello all. I have a question that I fear is very basic, but I'm unable to find an answer anywhere. I recently created a video that was approx. 5 minutes long and every time I would drag an image from my project library into the timeline it was given a default time of 5 minutes. Is there a way to set the default time for an imported image? Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Set a specific time span for images brought into timeline??
by on Mar 11, 2011 at 3:56:40 am

from After Effects Help:
"The Still Footage preference setting (Preferences > Import) controls the default duration of layers that use still footage items as their sources. By default, when you create a layer with a still image as its source, the duration of the layer is the duration of the composition. You can change the duration of the layer after it’s created by trimming the layer. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jake GroganRe: Set a specific time span for images brought into timeline??
by on Mar 11, 2011 at 7:55:26 pm

In the time line there should be a colored bar beside the image name. All you have to do is drag the ends of the colored bar to what ever time you want it to begin at and what time you want it to end at and i think the hot keys are M for the begining and N for the end. hope this works

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Set a specific time span for images brought into timeline??
by on Mar 11, 2011 at 8:03:26 pm

Jake is referring to trimming and extending layers in the Timeline panel.

The keyboard shortcuts for trimming and extending are here.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]