ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trapcode versus Cycore FX

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas BuckTrapcode versus Cycore FX
by on Mar 4, 2011 at 7:38:20 pm

I am looking to add some plugins to my existing Adobe Production Suite CS5, particularly for work in aftereffects, but also in photoshop. I was looking at both trapcode and cycore. While Trapcode's website looks great compared to cycore's, their price seems to equally match it as well. I am looking to create nice lighting effects like in this tutorial, http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/energy/ for my school/work portfolio, and while I don't have a great deal of money I do understand the benefits to buying bundle packages. So if anyone could give me some insight into which they think is better of the two here, and by better I want professional quality only. I do not mind spending the time (I love working in AE and Photoshop) to get really eye popping effects, but I cannot tolerate having limitations by quality of soft- or hardware.
Thanks again in advance and just so you know any amount of input is absolutely appreciated!
SIncerely,
Nicholas M. Buck

Spinning, Spinning
the world goes by,
fast and quick,
without hesitancy,
without me at times.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Trapcode versus Cycore FX
by on Mar 4, 2011 at 9:37:10 pm

If you have AE 10 and you DON'T have the Cycore effects, you must have the academic version.

You may want to look at getting the full-price version -- it has the Cycore AE effects plus Keylight, a fine chroma keyer, Freeform to warp & shape layers in 3D space, Color Finesse for color correction (and a lot easier to use that AE's somewhat arcane color correction effects) and Mocha and Mocha Shape, planar tracking and matte creation software.

You can find links for more info on them here:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS8269FE00-C552-478b-9204...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nicholas BuckRe: Trapcode versus Cycore FX
by on Mar 5, 2011 at 3:22:38 am

Thanks Dave!
I do have the academic version and I checked out the official page for the student teacher editions. They stated that there was absolutely no difference between the commercial and the student. And I believe that information, unless they make it different by some assbackwards way. Like including another bundle as a gift but only if you pay full price. Wouldn't be WAY awesomely better to not upgrade and buy instead stupid-awesome PlugIns? Cause I want to start practicing, till perfection, how to do different effects in different movie scenes.

Spinning, Spinning
the world goes by,
fast and quick,
without hesitancy,
without me at times.

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Trapcode versus Cycore FX
by on Mar 6, 2011 at 3:32:33 pm

I tutor a student who has the academic version of AE CS4, and I can confirm that it does indeed include all effects, Cycore, Keylight, and Color Finesse.

I suspect that the ones without those fx that have been cropping up are trial or cracked versions.

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

by on Mar 7, 2011 at 2:02:46 pm

I double checked and I do have the Cycore products. So would it be worth it to buy the Trapcode suite? I really want to start using after effects and working with the tutorials, so if anyone can let me know I would really appreciate it.

Spinning, Spinning
the world goes by,
fast and quick,
without hesitancy,
without me at times.

Return to posts index

Kylee PeñaRe: Trapcode versus Cycore FX
by on Mar 8, 2011 at 4:03:34 pm

I would personally not spend money on Trapcode early in your AE career. Learn how to do as much as possible in AE instead of going to a plug-in, and you'll be much stronger later so when you DO use it plug-in, it'll be on top of already amazing stuff.

It's more important to learn the software intimately now. A plug-in isn't going to change your life.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 9, 2011 at 2:35:29 am

Sound advice, which I already knew, but continually refuse to believe in because the plugins look like SOOOOOOO much fun! Thank you though. I appreciate that and I think I will wait until I can at least pay for the software with the returns from my first few gigs.
Thanks again to everyone.

Spinning, Spinning
the world goes by,
fast and quick,
without hesitancy,
without me at times.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]