ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Text wiggles after rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh HancockText wiggles after rendering
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 10:23:56 pm

MacPro, 4gb RAM, dual 2.66GHz dual core xeon processors, AE CS5, no plugins.

I'm having trouble when I render text all of a sudden. I've done this EXACT render countless times (creating fill-in-the-blanks) and have never had this issue. It literally just started. When I render a very simple layer (3 solid colors and 1 text layer over top), the scrubbed and Ram Preview looks GREAT and fine but the actual .mov render wiggles like crazy. Its like a put a wiggle expression on the text. This is happening in two places: One where its just the word "section three" and the word "section thr" is actually wiggling. The "ee" isn't. Another place is a sentence that is a 3D layer and actually folds down on the screen simulating a horizontal door "falling" and swinging into place. The "falling" animation just wiggles instead of actually falling.

Like I said, I've literally done this animation countless times for a curriculum I'm working on and have never had this problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Text wiggles after rendering
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 10:53:00 pm

Well, something has changed, and since it just happened, it'll be easier to track down. Think about the things you've changed since it worked okay.

AE settings... new codecs installed... new software versions... new hardware... new drivers... it could be anything, and you're going to know what changed better than we would. We'd need a crystal ball.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved