ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How do I make my bug Opaque?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee DenhamHow do I make my bug Opaque?
by on Mar 2, 2011 at 11:46:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I made a bug for my show in color but now would like to make it Opaque and/or like, for example, the ABC 7 bug or Showtime bug, etc. I like the one that I did with the colors and all but I want to know, both for now and in the future, how to make it Opaque or even clear.

I've tried simply bringing the opacity down but I'm sure that there is another way to do this rather then bringing the level down to like 20%.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated and I hope to one day return the assistance :-)

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: How do I make my bug Opaque?
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 2:15:36 am

Not sure how you're defining opaque, but basically it means you can't see through it at all.
Do you mean transparent, or semi-transparent?
Have you tried experimenting with the various Blend Modes?

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Lee DenhamRe: How do I make my bug Opaque?
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 3:25:10 am

Yes Transparent or semi-transparent. Like ABC's logo just to use an example.

I'll look at blending modes but I have to be honest it's something new to me so I'll have to play around to see what results I get.

Here is the CBS logo and I want the same kind of colorless look to the bug that I have created, minus the black around it.

Appreciate the Response!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: How do I make my bug Opaque?
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 2:33:14 pm

You designed the logo? So make a black and white version of it. I don't really see the issue. Besides going into Photoshop or Illustrator or MS Paint or whatever you created it in and making a monochrome version of it there, you could also apply any of the color correction effects such as Hue/Saturation, Black and White, Tint, etc. and make it desaturated.
Then it's a matter of choosing a blending mode and/or lowering the opacity.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved