ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Sound

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
August PetersAfter Effects Sound
by on Mar 2, 2011 at 4:02:31 pm

I know that you can preview the sound in after effects by pressing the period key on a full size key board but i have a mac pro laptop and the period key that is on here does not do the job. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Subhash NaveenRe: After Effects Sound
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 12:59:17 pm

Hey August,

The below is what Todd Korpiva suggested on the same issue.
Suggest doing a quick search in our cow forums and chances are its already been answered ;) Hope it helps!

The "period" key on the numeric keypad is a different key than the "period" key on the main keyboard. In fact, the one on the numeric keypad is more properly called the "decimal point" key. If you look at a laptop keyboard that still has the numeric keypad overlaid onto the main keyboard, you'll see that both symbols (which are visually identical) are represented, side by side.

The MacBook Pro has no numeric keypad. None. Which means that you don't have the decimal key.

I'd also consider remapping a different key to this command using KeyEd Up.

Return to posts index

August PetersRe: After Effects Sound
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 1:43:03 pm

Thank you for the reply but unfortunately that link says that "Keyd Up" only works for CS4 or later...I have CS3, bummer i know...

Return to posts index

Subhash NaveenRe: After Effects Sound
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 4:13:59 pm

Oops, this is the other info I could find from Todd Kopriva on CS3 Resource Center. Check if it helps :)

Todd_Kopriva said on Apr 21, 2008 at 2:11 PM :
If your laptop doesn't have a dedicated numeric keypad, you may need to use a modifier key (such as the Fn key) to use keyboard shortcuts that use the numeric keypad. Most laptops include a numeric keypad superimposed over the right portion of the main keyboard. For example, the keyboard shortcut for RAM preview on a MacBook or a ThinkPad uses the M key together with a modifier.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved