ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Photoshop layers not shown in After Effect CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Risch
Photoshop layers not shown in After Effect CS5
on Mar 1, 2011 at 6:17:57 pm

I have a seal created in Photoshop with letters that I created as an individual layer to be edited. When I import it in AE there are no layers and it is just the single picture. My goal was to animate each letter on the seal to spell out the words.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Photoshop layers not shown in After Effect CS5
on Mar 1, 2011 at 6:23:50 pm

[Craig Risch] "I have a seal created in Photoshop with letters that I created as an individual layer to be edited. When I import it in AE there are no layers and it is just the single picture."

You need to do a little planning in Photoshop before you import into AE. If you want to have layers to work with in AE, you need to create those layers in Photoshop, and it sounds like you didn't do that.

Besides, for what you're doing, you may be better off turning off the letters you made in Photoshop, animating them using text layers in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Craig Risch
on Mar 1, 2011 at 6:34:13 pm

I'm assuming I created them as layers. I typed an individual letter and created an effect and look that I wanted. I duplicated the layer and changed the letter several times to spell out my words. I placed them thru out the seal approproately. I created a folder called alphabet and placed all the layers of each letter in it.

I was hoping not having to relocated and rotate and recreate every letter as I would have to place and arc them around the round seal again.

If I need to is there a way to import the text effect I saved in photoshop to AE ?

Thanks for your help..

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 1, 2011 at 7:45:31 pm

Go look at your photoshop document. If you didn't create a new layer for each layer you wanted in AE, and if those layers aren't immediately visible in the layers panel on the side when you open the document, you have some rearranging to do.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Charlie Coutrakon
on May 11, 2011 at 11:53:53 pm

I'm having the same problem. I didn't have this problem in AE CS3 or CS4 but for some reason I can't view/manipulate individual layers of a photoshop file in After Effects CS5.

Yes, I have individual layers in the PSD.

Return to posts index

Kelly Wilson
on Jun 29, 2011 at 3:28:00 pm

That's been happening me to me if the Photoshop file is in CMYK mode instead of RGB. Check to make sure it's RGB?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]