ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how to make a very fast video slow and smooth

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
waheed alihow to make a very fast video slow and smooth
by on Feb 26, 2011 at 11:41:02 am

hi
i have a video which is only a few frames and very very fast i want to make it slow and smooth without being jerky or choppy, i tried time stretch and all it did made it slow but realy choppy.
pls help me out as on monday i have to submit it plss again

Thanks & regards

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: how to make a very fast video slow and smooth
by on Feb 26, 2011 at 9:22:08 pm

You'll get better results with Timewarp, but with only a few frames you can only push it so far.

Before you try that, though, click on Frame Blending twice for your time-stretched layer to utilize Pixel Motion, and see how that looks.

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: how to make a very fast video slow and smooth
by on Feb 26, 2011 at 11:55:57 pm

Beyond that, you'll need to reshoot it and overcrank the camera. Slow motion that you see in other video is shot at 60-120fps or higher and played at 24 or 30fps.

Cory

--
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

waheed aliRe: how to make a very fast video slow and smooth
by on Feb 27, 2011 at 5:52:24 pm

hi
Thanks for repling, its a 3d render clip of a office building, my friend did the 3d work in 3d max now the prob is the clips he made and gave me are less then 1 second on timeline so i tried to stretch it becomes choppy, i want it to atlest play for 15 secs i even tried timewrap or can u tell me what are the best setting that i should keep for better result, let me know is it possible to stretch it that long or no if not then what should i do im not a pro, i even had the pics of the render clips, i imported them in premiere and exported them as a Flimstrip or movie but still it was same because each clip had only 25 or 30 pics so i guess it wont make diffrence in time.
Im so badly stuck :(

Thanks & regards

Return to posts index

waheed aliRe: how to make a very fast video slow and smooth
by on Feb 27, 2011 at 5:51:45 pm

hi
Thanks for repling, its a 3d render clip of a office building, my friend did the 3d work in 3d max now the prob is the clips he made and gave me are less then 1 second on timeline so i tried to stretch it becomes choppy, i want it to atlest play for 15 secs i even tried timewrap or can u tell me what are the best setting that i should keep for better result, let me know is it possible to stretch it that long or no if not then what should i do im not a pro, i even had the pics of the render clips, i imported them in premiere and exported them as a Flimstrip or movie but still it was same because each clip had only 25 or 30 pics so i guess it wont make diffrence in time.
Im so badly stuck :(

Thanks & regards

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: how to make a very fast video slow and smooth
by on Feb 28, 2011 at 4:59:21 am

So if he gave you one second of footage, he gave you 30 frames per clip. Ask your friend to rerender it, giving you 450 frames per clip (15 seconds). Then buy him lunch because it's going to take 15 times longer for his computer to render.

Cory

--
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

Hunter HempenRe: how to make a very fast video slow and smooth
by on Feb 27, 2011 at 9:32:41 am

And if you do reshoot anything, be sure to pay attention to shutter speeds. That too will affect slowmotion playback.

-----
Too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?
-Gaff
-----

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]