ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC Split 2

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen OdomCC Split 2
by on Feb 22, 2011 at 8:46:17 pm

Hello,

I am slightly new to AE, but have had some help with online tutorials. I love the E-Trade talking baby commercials and strive to create one very similar. So far I have created a composition with footage and a successfully attached CC Split 2 with audio.

Everything looks pretty good. However, I noticed that CC Split 2 effect only creates a straight line between points, not the natural curve of the lips and causes a weird unnatural breakage that stands out. Is there any way to attach a bezier line with control points tracked to the lips motion and then apply that shape to CC Split 2? It sounds like it should work, but I haven't found much luck of anyone else talking about it online.

Please help! Thank you.

Warm regards,

Stephen

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: CC Split 2
by on Feb 22, 2011 at 9:32:36 pm

[Stephen Odom] "Is there any way to attach a bezier line with control points tracked to the lips motion and then apply that shape to CC Split 2?"

Sorry, no can do. It works with a straight line. If you don't already have it, I'd get the Cycore Effects manual from the Cycore web site; very handy!

Now, if you want to drive yourself totally nuts, you COULD try the following:
  • Duplicate the baby layer & mask around the mouth
  • Use Mesh Warp to turn the baby mouth into a straight line
  • Animate the mouth movements with Split 2
  • Use Mesh Warp to return the baby mouth to the original shape

But I have to tell you, there are a lot of pitfalls in this, and even it it works successfully, animating it ain't for the faint of heart.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Stephen OdomRe: CC Split 2
by on Feb 22, 2011 at 10:35:50 pm

I am trying different effects to mask the imperfections and adding the liquify tool to make the mouth straighter; this has been coupled to the tracked points for the CC Split 2. So far, everything is good. I am going to try your approach when I start feeling more comfortable with this amazing program.

Thank you for the guidance and inspiration!

Stephen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]