ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

where is the render complete sound located?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Maxwellwhere is the render complete sound located?
by on Feb 19, 2011 at 9:58:14 pm

Hey
Does anyone know where the render complete sound it?
I want to rip the sound and use it as my text message ringtone :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: where is the render complete sound located?
by on Feb 19, 2011 at 10:57:08 pm

Um, you may want to re-think that one, Coach.

Technically, it's illegal to do that; you may have purchased the software, but you did NOT buy the rights to use the components of the software for other uses. The rights are something totally different.

The same thing applies to a CD: even though you bought it, you can't use music from it in a commercial or a movie unless you buy the rights to do so.

Since giving people advice on how to break the law isn't the smartest thing to do, I'm afraid I'm going to pass on your request. I'm sure you'll find out eventually, but not from me. Sorry.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: where is the render complete sound located?
by on Feb 21, 2011 at 6:43:18 am

Give me a break Dave. If he were to distribute the file (such as in a commercial or movie like you said), that would actually be illegal (copyright infringement). Illegal means against the law. What you are talking about (using software you bought however you like) is an End User License Agreement, which is a contract that is sometimes enforcable by courts, sometimes not. However no contract is law, they are only contractual obligations.

Ken, search your adobe folder for wav files. Not that complex, especially for an AE user.

Cory

--
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: where is the render complete sound located?
by on Feb 21, 2011 at 4:17:58 pm

[Cory Petkovsek] "...no contract is law, they are only contractual obligations. "

...which opens up the possibility of a lawsuit. Sure, the likelihood of that actually happening is extremely remote, but I like playing it conservatively. You suit yourself.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: where is the render complete sound located?
by on Feb 21, 2011 at 8:49:20 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "..which opens up the possibility of a lawsuit. "

Yes. I don't want to get political with this, so I'll be brief. Lawsuits are civil, law is criminal. They are very different.

EULAs are only civil contracts and not law. Contracts are often found unenforceable and not legally binding; depending on many circumstances. Civil suits can be brought for any reason without tie to morality, justice or democracy.

Sony had a EULA with their music CDs that allowed you to put it on your computer, but if you went bankrupt you had to delete it off your computer. ??

Zeus, a malware maker, had a EULA that said you could not send the malware (that infected your computer) to antivirus companies, nor reverse engineer it, and you agree to pay for updates to the malware software. ?!?!

Many EULAs are bogus and abusive and unlikely unenforcable. While I support your desire to not facilitate illicit activities, I don't think it serves anyone to scare people into blindly following EULAs just because they are there.

For instance Dave, did you know that the Adobe AE EULA grants them the right to "inspect your records, systems and facilities" to verify license compliancy. Section 13: http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/gen_wwcombined_20091001_1604.pdf

They even grant the appropriate use and distribution of content files in their EULA. Section 2.8. Therefore your concern over the EULA is moot and using the sound even in a commercial or movie is explicitly granted.

Cory

--
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

Michael HeidRe: where is the render complete sound located?
by on May 22, 2012 at 2:30:30 am

This is quite funny! However, way too much nonsense was spent NOT answering this simple question so I figured I'd share this from Adobe:

Change the render-complete sounds

A chime plays when all items in the render queue have been rendered and exported; a different sound plays if a render operation fails. You can change the render-complete sounds by replacing files named rnd_okay.wav and rnd_fail.wav in the sounds folder. The sounds folder is in the following location:

(Windows) Program FilesAdobeAdobe After Effects CS5Support Files

(Mac OS) Applications/Adobe After Effects CS5/Adobe After Effects CS5/Contents/Resources/Sounds
Control-click the Adobe After Effects CS5 application package and choose Show Contents to open the Adobe After Effects CS5 application package and show the Contents directory.

Return to posts index

Ken MaxwellRe: where is the render complete sound located?
by on May 22, 2012 at 3:13:57 am

Haha, Thanks for that. I have since found it but I appreciate the comment.
I agree that I thought that it were quite strange that people were so enthusiastic about defending a silly chime sound.

Return to posts index

Val LazRe: where is the render complete sound located?
by on Jun 28, 2015 at 12:31:46 pm

Thanks for that! I also deleted the files so I dont get any sound (for those that like their silence)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]