ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keying Issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tanvir Islam
Keying Issues
on Feb 16, 2011 at 7:14:24 pm

I'm a noob at after effects.

I recorded footage of somebody against a white background. they are wearing blue clothes so it shouldnt make a difference but I cannot key effectively.. can somebody help me or try and do it for me? it's only 13 secs of footage

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Keying Issues
on Feb 16, 2011 at 7:44:52 pm

[Tanvir Islam] "I'm a noob at after effects. "

Here's a question for you: would you jump into the deep end of the swimming pool if you didn't know how to swim first?

The same thing applies in AE -- would you shoot something to use in AE if you didn't know the basics of using AE first? At its heart, AE remains a professional application first and foremost, and it assumes that you'll thoroughly learn the basics before you get into the fun stuff.

So you really ought to look over the information at the following link very carefully:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

...and you also ought to read about a fellow AE newbie who's in a situation very similar to yours:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/995717

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Feb 16, 2011 at 7:58:23 pm

Dave is right that AE is not exactly going to be easy to just hop into. Do you have a still from the shoot to give some sort of idea of how it looks? How are you trying to key it? What's not working about it?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 16, 2011 at 8:14:07 pm

Glad you tackled this one, Michael.

It gets pretty old telling people they should have planned their effects shots first to make life easier on themselves later.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Feb 16, 2011 at 9:55:07 pm

It's not their fault. No behind the scenes specials on their favorite blockbuster movie ever talks about the extensive amount of preparation and experience involved in effects shots. They just see the click, click, boom, and think it's easy to do.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]