ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Setting Output module to PRORES HQ as a default

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Mulryan
Setting Output module to PRORES HQ as a default
on Feb 15, 2011 at 9:29:43 pm

Can anyone please tell me how to set the output module to PRORES HQ as a default setting.
I have to change it every time I add a composition to the render queue.
thanks

James Mulryan
Sunset Park Media, LLC
Santa Monica, CA
info@jamesmulryan.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Setting Output module to PRORES HQ as a default
on Feb 15, 2011 at 9:38:47 pm

click the arrow/triangle next to the output module and choose 'make template' to openthe output module templates.

at the top of that window you can set the movie default.

the act of opening the output module settings also creates a new template called 'untitled 1' that you may not want to keep. just click 'delete' to remove it from the section bellow the 'defaults' settings.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Setting Output module to PRORES HQ as a default
on Feb 15, 2011 at 9:44:09 pm

As a Final Cut Pro user myself, I'm really angry that Apple decided to deny ProRes 422 to non-FCP users in their versions of QT Pro, forcing them to use ProRes HQ. The file sizes are much, much larger than necessary, and for what? Unless you're going to re-render a ProRes 422 clip five generations deep, ProRes HQ is also absolutely needless! Thanks a bunch, Apple. The toads!

Okay, time to get down off the soapbox.

Good news! You can create your own custom Output Modules, using any codec your darned well please. Just go Edit>Templates>Output Module. Just nose around in there, and you'll figure out how to do it.

While you're in there, you can also make your newly-created module the default for movies, and AE will automatically use it when you add a comp to the Render Queue. Cool, huh? You can also change the default output module whenever you want.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]