ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CC Rain Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ollie IsaacCC Rain Effect
by on Feb 11, 2011 at 7:17:18 pm

I seem to be stuck, I currently am making a motion menu in which i use the cc rain effects layered under footage, this works great when running forward, however i cant get the footage to run in reverse and the rain the fall down rather than up.

I have tried to remove the rain layer, export the motion in reverse and the at the rain layer, but the motion on the rain layer in playing forward so does not work.

I hope this makes sense

Return to posts index

Angie TaylorRe: CC Rain Effect
by on Feb 12, 2011 at 4:14:59 pm

Hi there,

What you can do is reverse all the layers except the rain layer which should be a separate layer. So, if you have a piece of footage playing forwards, and you want to reverse it, just open the Duration column in the Timeline and set it to -100%. This will make the footage play backwards. Then put your CC Rain effect on a separate Black Solid layer on top. As long as the Solid Layer is black, you can use the Add Blending mode to composite it over the layer below. This will knock out all the black pixels leaving you with the rain.

Hope this helps.

Angie Taylor animation & illustration for television, film, web and devices
Twitter: theangietaylor
Linkedin: theangietaylor

Return to posts index

Ollie IsaacRe: CC Rain Effect
by on Feb 12, 2011 at 4:30:32 pm

Hi Angie,

Thanks very much for the response, after i played around for a while i ended discovering what you just stated, although i had a mask on the layer, so then just dragged it of the comp, not a very prof way of doing it but next time i will follow youu advice.

Thanks Again,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved