ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

mirroring layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anita sanchamirroring layers
by on Feb 9, 2011 at 5:42:28 pm

Hi.

I have 2D layers girl walking with bag, across right to left.

I now want to copy those layers as the movement is fine, and have her walking left to right. The bag has writing on so it would be in reverse if I output and reversed footage. I have had this happen a couple of times in the past (reversing layers) and I ended up always in a mess. tried nesting and not?... and nulls!! Hence this post...

So what is the right way to do this so the keyframes are reversed. There are about 15 layers to her body. I note that there is a "keyframe reverse" somewhere and I still got in a mess. I bet there is an easy way to do this.

Cheers

Thanks for all your help
Anita Sancha.

http://www.anitasancha.co.uk

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: mirroring layers
by on Feb 9, 2011 at 6:03:25 pm

[anita sancha] " I note that there is a "keyframe reverse" somewhere"

you can select keyframes and then choose reverse keyframes from animation>keyframe assistant or right-click selected keyframes>keyframe assistant).

that would reverse, say, the position keyframes to go left-to-right. but the girl would still be facing the other way.

you could then flip the girl (add a negative to the x scale value), but if the bag is part of the girl image/footage, then it too will flip. so you'd need to fix that, and depending on the situation, that can get tricky.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: mirroring layers
by on Feb 9, 2011 at 6:17:43 pm

Like Kevin says. Here's a trivial variant:

If you can fix the writing on the bag easily in the current comp, just nest the current comp in a new one and change the horizontal scale ONLY to -100.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

anita sanchaRe: mirroring layers
by on Feb 9, 2011 at 7:47:04 pm

Hi guys thanks..

I think what confused me so much was that the arms legs head etc were linked to to body and the body is linked to a null. Reversing keyframes transform flip to the null made the girl disappear.! But reversing/transform flip the body did. But I think I have it now thanks.

Thanks for all your help
Anita Sancha.

http://www.anitasancha.co.uk

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: mirroring layers
by on Feb 9, 2011 at 7:54:15 pm

Oh, I thought the big deal would have been the reversed text on the bag.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]