ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Looses real time playback when Rec709 is turn on ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anhtu VuLooses real time playback when Rec709 is turn on ?
by on Feb 8, 2011 at 11:56:02 pm

when i change my color setting to Rec709 ( from the default None ) i loose realtime playback in a big way, down to 6 fps. Is this normal ? Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Loses real time playback when Rec709 is turn on ?
by on Feb 9, 2011 at 12:05:17 am

There's NO SUCH THING as real-time playback in AE. There never has been! Keep them fingers off the Space Bar!

To get things to play back in real time, you use the RAM Preview feature -- hit zero on the numeric keypad.

And if you're asking questions like this, you really need to go here:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Anhtu VuRe: Loses real time playback when Rec709 is turn on ?
by on Feb 9, 2011 at 12:24:55 am

Dave relax....to me real time playback means you are getting frame per frame playback, which i do UNTIL i turn on Rec709. Btw, i never use the space bar only 0.

Again, anyone knows why, my playback goes from real time 29.97 to 6 fps when i turn on Rec709.

90% of my stuff goes to broadcast and my monitors are calibrate under Rec709 color space.IOs this a bug ???

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Loses real time playback when Rec709 is turn on ?
by on Feb 9, 2011 at 12:44:31 am

Color space conversion takes considerable computing power.

Here is an excerpt from "Improve performance":
# Turn off display color management and output simulation when not needed.... The speed and quality of color management for previews are controlled by the Viewer Quality preferences....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Anhtu VuRe: Loses real time playback when Rec709 is turn on ?
by on Feb 9, 2011 at 3:07:28 am

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the reply. I just talk to Aja tech support and they mentioned that anything viewed from AE through the Kona 3G is being converted to YUV color space. He's trying to find out wether it's in the Rec709 space, if this is the case then problem solved for me because without color space conversion, AE is very snappy and i get real time preview with even large comp with lots of FX.

I tried the suggestions above, even though it helps, it's still not an acceptable working solution for me as it slows down the ram render drastically AND no real time ram preview.

Return to posts index

Nelson de SousaRe: Loses real time playback when Rec709 is turn on ?
by on Oct 3, 2012 at 1:47:01 pm

Hey Anhtu Vu

I was having a similar problem and I think I figured it out. Even if you've figured it out already thought I would just leave this here for people who have come across the same problem in the future.

Go into After Effects Preferences. Under preview you'll see a section called "Viewer Quality". Change "Color Management Quality" to "More Accurate".

Seemed to work for me.

Nelson

Return to posts index

Martin StaceyRe: Loses real time playback when Rec709 is turn on ?
by on Dec 10, 2014 at 5:45:45 pm

sorry, just had this issue and found this thread. that solved my problem, but isn't that completely counter intuitive? surely more accurate would require more cpu power and make it slower, not faster as it does.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]