ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Final Cut Express into After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan LundeFinal Cut Express into After Effects
by on Feb 1, 2011 at 6:07:52 am

Hello, I have Final Cut Express 4 and Adobe After Effects CS5. I was wondering how I should go about adding the visual effects to the movies I edit within Final Cut. Should I create an entire sequence on FCE4, export it as a quicktime file, then put that onto AE? Or take the individual clips and add the VFX on AE first, then put it onto my FCE4 timeline? I am new to this and I'm not sure which is the best or easiest or quickest method. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Angie TaylorRe: Final Cut Express into After Effects
by on Feb 1, 2011 at 1:24:20 pm

Hi there,

My recommendation is that you check out Automatic Duck. this is a third party solution that will allow you to open your FCP timeline in AE without any additional rendering. I use it all the time and it saves hours of extra work, amazing software!

hope this helps!

Angie Taylor animation & illustration for television, film, web and devices
Twitter: theangietaylor
Linkedin: theangietaylor

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Final Cut Express into After Effects
by on Feb 1, 2011 at 3:26:46 pm

I cut in FCP, and I'm not all that familiar with FCE, but I understand it works best with only a very limited list of codecs. Would you happen to know what they are? It could make a big difference in any recommended workflow.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dylan LundeRe: Final Cut Express into After Effects
by on Feb 2, 2011 at 1:06:50 am

Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure. I am extremely new and I do not know much at all. I know not having that information might make it harder for your suggestion and I apologize. If it's too much, then don't worry about it. Thanks much.

Dylan Lunde

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved