ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Render format for this clip should be...?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris TseRender format for this clip should be...?
by on Jan 31, 2011 at 12:57:39 am

So my friends and I are making a short film for school and I'm a newbie when it comes to AE but I tried it anyways.
I got all the clips together which turned out to be 9 minutes and 20 seconds long and then I rendered. I checked the audio switch in the output module and I thought I'd just be fine there. But then the video and audio was all off-sync and lag-tastic.
So I tried changing file formats and I don't know which one to use... Anyone know which one? I'll provide as much information as I possibly can.
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: Render format for this clip should be...?
by on Jan 31, 2011 at 6:36:27 am

What is the delivery codec and medium for your school? DVD? Web? Computer file?

If your audio isn't synced in the timeline it won't be synced when it is rendered.

If it is synched, are you doing this in HD and your computer doesn't have an HD accelerated video card? You can still render, but you won't be able to play.

Render out a file at 640x360 resolution and see if it plays appropriately. If so your computer is too slow to play hd content. If not, then you have problems you need to fix in your comp. Fix those. Then contact your teachers to figure out what delivery mechanism they want. Then ask us how to conform your footage to that if you can't figure it out.

Corporate Video

Return to posts index

Angie TaylorRe: Render format for this clip should be...?
by on Feb 1, 2011 at 1:12:58 pm

Hi there,

This could be due to a bug that was in After Effects CS5 that caused syncing issues. The good news is that it's now been fixed! :-)

Try updating AE from within the application by going to Help > Updates to install version 10.0.1 and hopefully fix this syncing issue.

Hope this helps! :-)

Angie Taylor animation & illustration for television, film, web and devices
Twitter: theangietaylor
Linkedin: theangietaylor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved