ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rendering Photo Jpeg?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick McElweeRendering Photo Jpeg?
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 4:57:58 am

My camera native codec is Photo jpeg. I have been using Sony Vegas Pro 10 to render my video's. I have tried alot of different options (h264,sony avc,mpeg2) to render in and i keep losing video quality. When i upload to youtube the video's just look like garbage.

Here is an orginal straight off the camera to youtube. How can i keep this quality when uploading to youtube?

This is 264(The video dosent look to bad but it's just not quite as sharp)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Rendering Photo Jpeg?
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 4:53:25 pm

Um, how exactly does After Effects fit into your problem?

This sounds more like a Vegas issue, and truth be told, not too many AE people use Vegas. I'd choose a different forum, personally.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Rendering Photo Jpeg?
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 9:19:02 pm

i'd try the compression forum... i've never used vegas, so i can't tell you if it can do a good job of compressing footage, but there are many compression utilities that can. you want to find one that can do a multi-pass encode, preferably to h.264 in a mp4 wrapper.

if you don't have one, you might try mpeg-streamclip (free). import your footage, then export to mp4, choose multi-pass and b-frames. if youtube has a data rate recommendation, enter that. also set audio to youtube specs. then encode.

one note, mpeg-streamclip does not do a good job of scaling or deinterlacing, so make sure your footage is the correct frame sizefor youtube and deinterlaced before importing.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

fernando VallarinoRe: Rendering Photo Jpeg?
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 6:22:12 pm

Hi, I´ve a problem fading img in Photo jpeg. I´m working with final cut pro 7.0.3. When I render o export (before checking every setting is ok), the fade effect shakes.
What I´m doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: Rendering Photo Jpeg?
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 11:20:23 pm

As mentioned, this is a vegas issue. Vegas is great, but included codecs suck. To get the most out of vegas you need to become familiar with and use alternate codecs.

Youtube also sucks and reprocesses your videos and makes them look like crap. You want to give them the highest resolution and highest bit rate possible.

To solve it in AE, you could export with mpeg2 at a high bit rate, or a high bit rate h264 or x264 (below), or even wmv; basically anything they accept at a high bit rate.

In vegas, I would download the vfwx264 codecs which will give you an excellent h264 encoder with access to the individual settings where you can specify CRF 18 or lower.

But frankly I don't see much difference between the two videos. They both look like cheap camera video and both have the same video artifacts.

If you want to greatly improve the quality of your video, stablize the footage and apply a subtle gamma curve (with the curve effect). You can do this in either vegas or AE.

Cory Petkovsek
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved